Wednesday, March 6, 2013

birthday part II: blacklight bowling

After the amazing Chopped dinner, my roommate and I headed out with some of my friends from work to bowl, since every Wednesday night is college night--basically free--at Zodo's. I've been once in my four years here, so I figured my birthday would be a fun time to try something different. UCSB provides a free shuttle to all students on college night, and we happened to be the only ones who used it, so we basically got privately chauffeured in a luxury party bus to and from the alley. Also, Happy Hour started the minute we got there! We had to wait an hour for our lane, which turned out to not. be. a. problem. Here's one reason why turning 22 is better than turning 21: all your friends are already legal, so they can buy you birthday drinks!

Cheers to that!
Blacklight bowling was awesome. I got one strike, too many fouls, almost all gutter balls, and the lowest score out of both teams for both games. Turns out, you can't have EVERYTHING on your birthday! :)

A sweet action shot, two second before I fell into the lane. That's why you shouldn't change out of bowling shoes until ALL ROUNDS are completed. 

Blacklight bowling. A new Wednesday tradition?


No comments:

Post a Comment