Saturday, September 22, 2012

subliminal messaging

         My roommate Maddy and I were finally reunited this week after over a year apart. Needless to say, it was a glorious reunion, and we decided to celebrate with our age-old tradition: a Rite-Aid Run, or a Tripfty.
        Let me explain.
        Rite-Aid is home to the world's best combination of amazingly delicious and cheap ice-cream, called Thrifty ice cream. It's only $1.69 for a scoop bigger than my fist. Probably bigger than Hagrid's fist. So Maddy and I had an alarming habit of making a "tripfty" all-too-often last summer, and of course it was the only logical way of celebrating my homecoming.
       This time, though, I noticed something peculiar. While we were busy licking away at the creamy goodness, I focused for the first time ever more on the cone rather than the ice cream. And there, ever so lightly engraved into the cone's outer rim, were the words "Eat It All." Could this be? Maybe Maddy and I are not just slaves to our impulses, intent on doing a Rite-Aid Run every time our cravings flare up. Maybe this subliminal message to eat it all has worked its way into our subconscious, convincing us that we cannot resist the ice cream, that it's better to eat up than to miss out.
       I underestimated Rite-Aid. There's more too that place than cheap sweets. There are masterminds behind that operation, that much is certain.


2 comments:

  1. Cute pic! Also, love that you guys still go to Thrifty. Much better prices than the yogurt place in IV.

    -Cati

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you jen, also can we go on a tripfty tonight...?

    ReplyDelete